El's Whimsical Acai Berry Cold-Brew Iced Tea
Welcome back Tea Lovers!
We’re smack bang in the middle of summer down here in the Southern Hemisphere and since we are sweltering in the blistering Australian heat I thought I would share with you my Whimsical Acai Berry Cold-Brew Iced Tea recipe. This delicious Iced Tea is so refreshing on a hot day and is a really lovely and healthy alternative to all those sugary beverages.
Ingredients & Teawear required:
- 1 Packet of El’s Whimsical Acai Berry Tea
- 1 Tablespoon for measuring
- 1 Pitcher or Jug with an infuser
- Possible add in’s such as – Fresh Berries, Mint, Orange Slices, Lemon Slices, Ice Cubes and or a natural sweetener.
Steps for making the Iced Tea;
In order for me to present this recipe to you I made it a couple of different ways to see which method worked best to extract the flavors from the Tea Leaves. After some trial and error, I found making it with boiling water and allowing it to cool bought out the most flavors.
- Boil 1.2 Liters of fresh filtered or Spring Water.
- While your water is boiling put 1 Tablespoon of the El’s Whimsical Acai Berry Tea leaves into your Infuser. (This may vary on your taste buds but I have found this is the perfect amount)
- Pour the boiling water into your Pitcher or Jug and immerse the tea leaves into the water.
- Cover and sit on the bench until completely cooled, once cooled put into the Refrigerator overnight.
- After steeping your tea overnight it’s time to strain it. In order to do this, you can simply take the infuser out of the pitcher and discard the tea leaves.
- Last but not least, before serving your Iced Tea is to add your additional add in’s as listed above. If you like your Iced Tea sweet, I suggest making a Sweetener Syrup, I use a 100% natural Stevia but you can use any Sweetener you wish. To make the Syrup boil some water and add a Tablespoon or two into a cup and mix until the Sweetener is completely dissolved. Once dissolved pour the Syrup into the Iced Tea and give it a good mix. Finally, it’s time to add the fruits of your choice personally I like adding Strawberries, Blueberries and a few slices of Orange to this Iced Tea.
There you have it, a gorgeous and delicious Whimsical Acai Berry Cold-Brew Iced Tea Recipe that will be sure to impress your family and friends on a hot summer’s day!
If you would like to see more Recipes for my Teas please let me know in the comment section below. I hope you enjoy this Iced Tea as much as I do.
Until next time Happy Steeping!